10400 Gorman Road | Laurel | MD 20723
Mon - Fri • 9:00 - 9:00
Sat - Sun • 9:00 - 6:00
A fun and relaxed place to learn how to ride horses.
17th: No Lessons (Hunter/Jumper Schooling Show)
28th: Barn Closed (Happy Thanksgiving)
29th: No Lessons (11:00 & 12:00 Practice Rides)
Sunday, 9/29: No Lessons.
Good luck to all the competitors in our Hunter/Jumper Schooling Show!
Stop wishing, start doing!
Pony Pal | Children | Adult
Beginner - Advanced
Ages 5 - 95
Group | Semi-Private | Private
Daytime | Night | Weekend
Home School Sessions
Professional and caring staff.
Well trained school horses.
Clean and organized facilities.
Conveniently located near
Routes 95, 29, and 32.
Saturdays at 1:00
Want to try us out before signing up for lessons or camp?
$20.00 PER PERSON
Arrive by 12:45. Limited space.
No more then two per
family or group.
Minimum age of 5 to ride.
Receive $20 voucher toward lessons.
Come play with the ponies!
Summer | Winter | Spring
Day At the Barn
Open to ages 5-15.
All level of riders.
Ride two times a day.
Horse related lectures.
Hours 9:00 - 4:00
Before & after care available.
Time to ride and socialize!
Want more riding time?
Want to go to more horse events?
For a quarterly fee,
you can join Equi-Lease!
Lots of time in the saddle and several social events to attend!
Limited and unlimited packages.
Join us for a fun day of showing!
Looking for fun and low-key shows to take your horse or rider to?
Our shows are inviting and a great atmosphere for competitors just starting out and veterans looking to school their horses.
Our experienced staff is helpful, professional, and friendly.
Happy horse, happy rider.
Picking the right place to board your horse can be a tough.
Assuring their happiness and well being are important.
We understand that horses are our best friend, our pet, and our partner in crime.
Their care means the world to us and it is our mission to provide the best service for you and your horse.
|• Experienced & friendly staff
• Feed, hay, and water
• Stall cleaning
• 12 x 12 stalls
• Turn out
All boarders are required to take lessons.
It is important to offer our students as well as other riders a place to test their skills. Several times a year the barn hosts Hunter/Jumper Schooling, Dressage Schooling, In-House, and Just Jumper Shows. Our jumper courses are well known for being fun and technical; great for schooling for that green horse or to prepare for the rated shows. Our dressage shows have local favorites as our judge's; giving plenty of feedback on ways to improve your tests. The judge's in the Hunter ring are well respected in the Maryland region. Standards are at the highest level.
Hunter/Jumper Show updates posted during show days.
Looking to participate in one of our shows? Stay posted by following our calendar or joining our Shows Email List.
Everyone loves to have pictures of their successes at the shows. We try our best to get several pictures throughout the day that we share on our facebook page. We also have a few photographers that come to the shows. Some are amateurs while others have been doing it as a living for many years.
|Sunday, 09/29/19||Mari K Moxley||Prize List/Entry Form|
|Sunday, 10/20/19||Robin Wyman||Placings 10/20/19|
|Sunday, 11/17/19||TBA||Points October 2019|
Class Fee: $15.00 per class
Office Fee: $15.00
Hunter Ring 1: Starts at 8:30
Jumper Ring 2: Starts at 8:30
Jumper courses designed by Javier Corradini.
Hunter courses designed by Catherine Densmore.
• Proof of current negative Coggin’s Certificate required.
• The age of an individual on December 1st of the prior year will be maintained throughout the entire competition year.
• Proper show attire required for Hunter Ring.
• Riding Academy & Jumper Ring allowed neat & tidy with Polo shirts.
• All riders must wear an approved riding helmet when mounted.
• All decisions by the judge are final.
• No smoking is allowed in or around the barns or in-gate areas.
• Concessions stand on premises.
• Trailers please park in paddocks, cars in parking lot.
• Please, clean up after yourself.
• Dogs on a leash at all times.
• Hunter Ring opens for schooling 6AM – 8AM.
• Schooling Break is not before 11:00 for later classes.
• No schooling in the Jumper Ring.
• 1st – 6th place ribbons will be awarded for each test.
• One high score ribbon will be awarded for each show.
• Champion and reserve champion ribbons awarded at the series end will be given for each class.
• The two highest scores for each rider/horse combination in a class will count for these awards.
• Classes 1-3, 4-6 and 7-9 may be combined.
• Child 15 years and younger
• JR/YR 16-21 years
• Adult 22 years and older
• Proper show attire is required.
• Helmets must be worn at all times when mounted.
• Tentative show start time is 8 AM.
• No refunds will be given after closing date.
• Show will NOT be cancelled due to rain.
• CHC will not be able to provide readers.
• Make check payable to Columbia Horse Center.
• $25.00 per test $15.00 per test will be applied to CHC students using school horses.
• No horse fee for Equi-Lease members
• Entries will only be accepted between opening and closing dates.
• Entries can be accepted in person at Columbia Horse Center.
• Enter by mailing a completed entry form, entry fees, and Negative Coggins performed less than 12 months prior to show to:
Dressage Show Secretary, Kate Miska
1806 Summit Ave. Baltimore, MD 21227
What a wonderful opportunity for our students to show off their skills and compare their riding to other riders of the same level. The In-House shows are very relaxed, provide support and encouragement, and are family friendly. Columbia Horse Center offers classes from beginner through advanced for our students to come together and have a fun time. What a great environment for our students to start experiencing what it's like to show!
• $12.00 per class.
• 50% off for Equi-Lease Members.
• No horse fee.
• Casual attire.
• What you wear in lessons.
• Concession stand open all day.
• Plan to spend the day with us.
• Bring sunscreen
• Show starts at 9:00
• The jumping also starts at 9:00
Thinking about giving riding lessons as a gift?
We can do packages or dollar amounts.
WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE!
|ABOUT US||LESSONS||PROGRAMS||CAMPS||CALENDAR||SHOWS||SHOW TEAMS|
|Contact Us||Introductory||Boarding||Adult||Clinics||Dressage Shows||Dressage Team|
|Staff||Pony Pal Group||Equi-Lease||DATB||Beach Party||Hunter/Jumper Shows||Event Team|
|School Horses||Child Group||Horse Sales||Horsemanship||Halloween Party||In-House Shows||Hunter/Jumper Team|
|Testimonials||Adult Group||Working Students||Pony Pal||Holiday Party||Timex
|Gallery||Semi Private||Summer||Practice Rides|
|Forms & Links||Home School||Winter||Preakness Party|